Wednesday, 15 August 2012
Tuesday, 7 August 2012
After watching Oscar Pistorious in the London Olympic Games, I think many people will be inspired by his great quote, and certainly make it my quote of the day.
A loser isn't the person who gets involved and finishes last. A loser is the person who doesn't get involved in the first place. - Oscar Pistorious.
The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart. -Robert G. Ingersoll
When money enters sport, corruption is sure to follow. E N Gardiner US Sportswriter
Thursday, 26 July 2012
London is the next city to stage theOlympics in 2012, it has also staged the Olympics previously in1948 and 1908.
It is a great honour for a city to host the Olympic games, but it isn't always plain sailing. Here are some of my favourite quotes for the Olympics and the cities.
The Olympics Quotes
When we stage the Olympics (London) it will inspire kids all over the country. A kid in Scotland or Ireland will be encouraged to take up sport.Daley Thompson.
Olympism is not a system - it is a state of mind. This state of mind has emerged from a double cult: that of effort and that of Eurythmy - a taste of excess and a taste of measure combined. Pierre de Coubertin.
The world awaits Beijing's hosting of the 2008 Olympics, an occasion which will bring into the global spotlight the dramatic advances China is making in enhancing the quality of life for its people. Alexander Haig.
Monday, 16 July 2012
Mark Twain had many great words of wisdom on a whole variety of subjects .Many Mark Twain quotes have become the most quoted quotes.
Twain was a very cosmopolitan gentleman, a great writer, philosopher, poet,and a true genius.Mark Twain's thoughts still have a great relevance to us all today.
Mark Twain Quotes
It has always been a peculiarity of the human race that it keeps two sets of morals in stock-the private and the real, and the public and the artificial.
Everybody's private motto: It's better to be popular than right.
In fact, the more things are forbidden, the more popular they become.
To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing.
Never refuse to do a kindness unless the act would work great injury to yourself, and never refuse to take a drink-- under any circumstances.
Wednesday, 4 July 2012
- Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, you have to fight.
- No one automatically gives you respect just because you show up. You have to earn it.
- Hard work, sacrifice and focus will never show up in tests.
- I hate losing at anything, whether it be cards, golf or whatever.
- When you can’t remember something, there’s a reason why. I’ve blocked out much of what I thought and felt the morning of my brain surgery.
- In my first big international race, I did everything my coach told me not to do.
- There had been two journeys really: the journey to get to the tour, and then the journey of the tour itself.
- I want to die at a hundred years old with an American flag on my back and the star of Texas on my helmet, after screaming down an Alpine descent on a bicycle at 75 miles per hour.
- At the end of the day, it's me versus the other guys. That's what keeps me going.
- To be afraid is a priceless education.
Wednesday, 27 June 2012
- The deepest you is the nothing side, is the side which you don't know. Alan Watts.
- The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad. Salvadore Dali.
- Sometimes I think the surest sign that that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. Bill Watterson.
- What is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
- You've made your bed,now go bounce on it. Peter Scott.
- The garden is so ferociously sexy at night, it's almost lurid. Anne Raver.
- You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality. Ayn Rand.
- We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak. Epictetus.
- I would have made a good Pope. Richard Nixon.
- If you fall out of that window and break your legs don't come running to me. Groucho Marx.
Tuesday, 19 June 2012
More than 60 million human lives were lost during the Second world war, and Winston Churchill described it as the"most unnecessary war in history."
The USA declared war on the UK in 1912 over territory in Canada and it was the first time they had declared war on another Nation.Today the two Nations have established a valuable partnership of trust and support.
One can go to war alone, but you can't build peace alone. Jaques Chirac.
Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless. Adolf Hitler.
War is not nice. Barbara Bush.
Saturday, 9 June 2012
Pressure , you are under pressure in war zones not football. Authur Cox.